Novasalic containing Betamethasone Dipropionate 0.5% w/w and salicylic acid 0.3% w/w
Novasalic Ointment/ Lotion are used to treat dry, scaly skin conditions. It contain
- Betamethasone is a potent corticosteroid that is used to treat the itching, redness, dryness, crusting, scaling, inflammation, and discomfort of various skin conditions, including psoriasis (a skin disease in which red, scaly patches form on some areas of the body) and eczema (a skin disease that causes the skin to be dry and itchy and to sometimes develop red, scaly rashes).
- Salicylic acid is a keratolytic (peeling agent). It causes the skin to shed dead cells from its top layer by increasing the amount of moisture in the skin and dissolving the substance that acts as “cement” between the cells. This effect helps to shed the skin cells, soften the top layer of skin, and decrease scaling and dryness.
PREGNANCY AND BREASTFEEDING
During pregnancy, this product should be used only when clearly needed. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
It is unknown if this product passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
- Before using this drug, tell your doctor your medical history, including: allergies (especially drug allergies
- Do not apply the medication of following parts of the body.
- Genitals or Anus
- If you do get the medication in those areas, flush with plenty of water.
- Do not wrap, cover, or bandage the area unless directed to do so by your doctor.
- Do not apply more often or use longer than prescribed because doing so may increase the risk of side effects.
- Use this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, use it at the same times each day.
- Tell your doctor if your condition worsens or does not improve after 1 week.
- Wash and dry your hands.
- Before applying the medication, clean and dry the affected area.
- Apply a thin layer to the affected area and rub it gently into the skin.
- Generally this medicine is used twice daily.
- Follow all instructions carefully and do not use this product more often than prescribed; an increase in side effects could occur.
- You should notice skin improvement within one week.
USE OF OINTMENT, AND LOTION
- Ointment for Dry & scaling Skin condition.
- Lotion for external body large area coverage.